The Milwaukee Circular Saw and Drill Tool Review is sponsored by The Home Depot. I have been compensated for my time and provided with product (tools). All ideas and opinions are my own. This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Over the last few months I have been reviewing a few Milwaukee power tools. Today’s feature is for the Milwaukee circular saw and hammer drill combo.
This is an excellent small combo kit to get you started in the revered red power tool platform, or expand your collection!
The Milwaukee circular saw and hammer drill combo comes with a 7 1/4″ circular saw, 1/2″ hammer drill, 2 each 4.0 Ah batteries, a 18 volt/12 volt battery charger and carrying bag.
Hammer Drill Features
- The hammer drill features a brushless motor allowing for compact size and longer run-time.
- It has built-in REDLINK Tool Technology and when paired with REDLITHIUM batteries, the hammer drill provides efficient power delivery and longer battery life.
- The drill body is 7 in. long and only 4.6 lbs. with a 4.0 Ah battery.
- The hammer drill/driver delivers 725 in. lbs. of torque and 0 RPM to 550 RPM/0 RPM to 1,800 RPM.
In years passed, I never would have entertained the thought using a hammer drill for everyday use. They used to be so bulky and heavy, definitely now what you want to tote around all of the time. However now they are compact, ergonomic and packed with features. This hammer drill is small and light build gives excellent control over the drill in overhead or tight spaces.
The chuck is 1/2″ and has an easy metal ratcheting single sleeve. You can easily switch between regular drill and hammer drill with an easy twist.
Circular Saw Features
- The circular saw features brushless motors allowing for compact size and longer run-time.
- The M18 Brushless circular saw gives up to 40% more power than circular saws with brushed motors and provides up to 30% more run-time.
- It delivers 5,000 RPM for smooth, powerful cutting.
- The circular saw has an integrated rafter hook, magnesium guards, an aluminum shoe and LED light.
- REDLINK intelligence provides advanced overload protection and defends against abusive applications and monitors the temperature to prevent damage and ensure maximum tool and battery life.
With the 4.0 battery attached, the circular saw weighs 9.0 lbs.
Overall the Milwaukee M18 platform is an excellent tool line to have and build on. The Milwaukee circular saw is a solid tool, smooth to run with an electric brake. The hammer drill is comfortable to use, it is weighted well and has plenty of power.
Thanks for pinning!
“I acknowledge that The Home Depot is partnering with me to participate in the Tool Review Program. As a part of the Program, I am receiving compensation in the form of products and services, for the purpose of promoting The Home Depot. All expressed opinions and experiences are my own words. My post complies with the Word Of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) Ethics Code and applicable Federal Trade Commission guidelines.”