Have you ever had a Woof ’em?
We love to cook dutch oven dinner and roast hot dogs and marshmallows, but my friend recently told me about the most delicious campfire treat – Woof ’ems. Have you tried them?
Rumor on the street is they get their name because they’re so tasty that you Woof them down! Yum
First, You need to build special roasting sticks.
- 1 1/4″ x 48″ round dowel – available at the hardware store for $4-$4.50 (makes up to 15)
- 3/8″ x 48″ or 36″ round dowel – available at the hardware store for around $1 (need one for each stick)
- Wood glue (affiliate)
Cut the 1 1/4″ round dowel into 3″ lengths. Drill a 3/8″ hole (or slightly larger than the 3/8″ dowel) down the center of the 3″ dowel piece about 2 1/2″ deep.
Drill a 3/8″ hole in the center of the 3″ dowel piece about 2 1/2″ deep. Make sure the 3/8″ dowel fits in the drilled hole. Put a dab of wood glue in the drilled hole. Lightly coat the 3/8″ dowel with wood glue and slide the dowel into the hole. Wipe off any excess wood glue. Allow the glue to dry, at least over night.
Now for the fun part, making and eating the Woof ’ems. The recipes and concoction possibilities are endless. Here are some of our favorites:
- Vanilla pudding
- Chocolate pudding
- Coconut pudding
- Fluffernutter – Mix together 7 oz Marshmallow Creme jar and 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter.
- Nutella/creamcheese – Mix together 8 oz cream cheese, 2 heaping spoonfuls of Nutella spread and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add more Nutella as desired.
- Drizzle with Smucker’s chocolate coconut topping.
- Fruit pie filling
- Always top with whipping cream!
Stretch out a biscuit and wrap it onto the fat end of the Woof ’em stick.
Always top your Woof ’em with whipping cream and woof it down! The hot savory biscuit and cool whipping cream are unexpectedly delicious together. I don’t know who originally invented the Woof ’em, but they’re a genius.
We also think these roasted biscuits will make a fun campfire dinner. A few dinner options, fill your roasted biscuit with:
- Taco meat, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese (these taste like mini Navajo Tacos, Mmm)
- Ham and cheese
- Chili, tomatoes and cheese
- Sausage and scrambled eggs
Please let us know what your favorite concoctions are. Enjoy your Woof ’em.
Thanks for pinning!
(FYI I originally did a guest post over at Made to be a Momma )